UHF Offset Dipole Array, 9dBd, 400-520MHz, 3° Downtilt
Offset arrays are directional antennas for use when a base station is at one end of the coverage area. These new arrays feature improved gains, low noise performance and enhanced null fill coverage in an array with typical cardioid coverage characteristics.
The OA40-67-DIN-T3 arrays feature the same solid construction as the BA and EA series. The array utilizes an internal phasing harness in PTFE based double screened coaxial cable with polyethylene jacket to aid waterproofing and resist bird attack.
The OA Series have slightly more than 170° horizontal beamwidth, thus everything in front of the antenna is given coverage. This eliminates the possibility of fading at the extremities of the target coverage area. The level of radiation at the rear of the antenna is approximately unity gain.
As would be expected from a cardioid array, the vertical beamwidth is slightly greater than its BA omnidirectional or EA elliptical pattern counterparts.
These antennas are also offered with -3°, -5° or -8° of beamtilt, and all include extensive side lobe suppression, null fill and a power input level of 500 Watts continuous.
• Operate over entire 400-520 MHz band
• Inverted mounting version available
• Hermetically sealed internal phasing harness
• Industry leading PIM ratings (-150dBc) providing low IM and low noise characteristics for optimum performance
(1) Factory pre-set downtilt may be specified on OA40 series antennas using model no. trailer – T3, -T5 or -T8
(2) Ruggedized black powder coated finish (aids in ice shedding for extreme conditions) is available on all aluminium arrays
(3) OA20 and OA40 series may be optionally supplied in all welded 316 Marine Grade Stainless steel. Dimensions vary slightly
|Nominal Gain dBd||9|
|Frequency MHz||400 to 520MHz|
|Tunable Bandwidth||Full. No tuning required|
|Passive IM 3rd Order (2x20W) dBc||<-150|
|Construction||All welded aluminum with alodined finish. See notes (2) and (3) for alternative finishes.|
|Termination||7/16 DIN Female on cable tail|
|Mounting Area||20″ x 1.9″ diam. aluminum|
|Shipping Weight (lbs.)||80|
|Shipping Dims (inches)||126x7x17|