UHF Ground Independent Mopole 380-440 MHz – Threaded Stud
The CD50 and CD51 Series UHF ground independent MopoleTM antennas are versatile and popular antennas, providing excellent performance in virtually any mounting position.
When the CD50-65-70 gets mounted on a vehicle gutter or similar position, these UHF MopolesTM provide optimum performance with a largely omnidirectional pattern. Due to the low angle of radiation inherent in the dipole antenna pattern, a 4.0 dB improvement in performance is typical when compared to a 3 wave whip in the centre of a metal roof.
The end fed design of the UHF MopolesTM incorporates a truly unique transformer in the base section. In this patented feed assembly, the dielectric of the coaxial feeder cable is trimmed to a set length and then introduced into the coil in termination. The result is a precisely matched feed which is so consistent that tuning to frequency from a chart becomes a matter of course.
CD51 antennas are fitted with a flexible nylon radome over a copper element – ideal in industrial applications. CD50 antennas have an elegant and durable tapered stainless steel whip section.
There are two styles of mounting arrangements offered. The CD50-xx-70 and CD51-xx-70 versions mount via a threaded stud and nut assembly. The antenna can be easily terminated, tuned and re-terminated in the field using the instructions supplied. Its patented design allows the coaxial cable to be replaced in the field without specialised tools or soldering.
The CD50-xx-50 and CD51-xx-50 versions mate with the MBC coaxial base providing an internal, permanent connection in a completely sealed unit. The MBC base is easy to install and allows the entire antenna to be removed and replaced at will.
• Versatile – Ground plane independence allows alternative mounting locations
• Performance – High performance and largely omni-directional pattern when not centre roof mounted
• Convenient – Patented design allows termination or retermination in seconds
• Stainless steel whip or flexible nylon whips cater to individual needs
• Durable – Base coil is virtually indestructible
• Unique transformer design
• Australian Patents #596830 and #656793
(1) Mopole™ antennas such as the CD50 and CD51 exhibit a 4dB improvement in performance over a ¼ wave whip but in pattern tests deliver only 2.0 to 2.5dB of actual gain. This improvement in performance can be attributed to a lower angle of radiation and is of particular benefit to users in rugged terrain conditions and in heavily built up city areas.
(2) Available preterminated with 5m 8058 RG58C/U. Use -73 or -53 suffix to replace -70 or -50 suffix.
|Band||380 – 440MHz|
|Tunable Bandwidth||13 MHz @ <1.5:1 VSWR|
|Nominal Gain dBi||4|
|Tuning||Field tune to minimum VSWR using supplied tuning chart|
|Cable and Connector||Not included, order separately. See note (2)|
|Whip Material||17-7 PH Stainless steel|
|Whip Length mm||395|
|VSWR||13 MHz @ <1.5:1 VSWR|
|Shipping Weight (lbs.)||5|
|Shipping Dims (inches)||16x6x7|