UHF Ruggedized 6 Element Yagi, 450-480 MHz, 9dBd
The RDA Series are ruggedized high gain yagi antennas which will provide excellent point to point communication in extreme climatic environments. RDA Series antennas exhibit narrow beamwidths and high front to back ratios to help minimize any potential interference to and from other radio systems.
Built specifically for hostile conditions, the boom and the elements of the RDA Series yagis are significantly larger and more robust than on the standard YB range. The feed element is of full folded dipole construction for maximum bandwidth and performance and all elements, including the feed element, are welded to the boom. Welding ensures both maximum strength and minimal potential for the generation of intermodulation and other interference products. The entire welded assembly is etched and finished with a black powder coating which aids significantly in ice shedding by maximizing solar heat retention. Constructed with 3, 6, 9 or 16 elements, RDA yagis can be configured in stacks or bays for higher gain applications in horizontally or vertically polarized systems.
RDA Yagis rest at DC ground potential and, properly earthed, provide excellent lightning protection and aid in the reduction of precipitation static noise.
Termination is via an ‘N’ female coaxial connector fitted to a short Durathene cable tail. Durathene is a PTFE dielectric and polyethylene jacketed cable providing superior resistance to weathering and abrasion and is less susceptible to bird attack than standard PVC sheathed cables.
• All welded construction for maximum and reliable performance
• High front to back ratios – reducing interference to and from other systems
• Black powder coating aids in snow and ice shedding by maximizing solar heat retention
• Ruggedized construction for use in extreme conditions
• Can be configured in stacks or bays for higher gain applications using PH and PHE series phasing harnesses
(1) RDA series yagis may be ordered in alternative unpainted, plain alodined aluminum finish. Specify “RDB” prefix.
|Nominal Gain dBi
|Nominal Gain dBd
|450 to 480 MHz
|Front/Back Ratio dB
|All welded aluminum with black powder coated finish. See note (1)
|N female with short 9302 cable tail
|3.9in x 1.2in diameter powder coated aluminum
|Shipping Weight (lbs.)
|Shipping Dims (inches)